August 07, 2011

If I had the resources to celebrate my 18th birthday, it would be planned/go like this.

Lately, I've been having classmates turning 18 and celebrating their debuts. Some didn't and some were able to do so.. BUT FOR ME, I WOULD VERY MUCH LOVE TO CELEBRATE MY 18th BIRTHDAY! :)

Here's the thing. Ever since I was in 2nd grade, I was already planning for my 18th birthday. I made a list of who were going to give me 18 candles and give my 18 dances.. I dreamed of wearing a long, flowy gown the same as what princesses wear and I dreamt of walking down the stairs as my 18 candle guests and 18 roses guests, along with my family, would wait for me at the bottom of the stairs to sing me "Happy Birthday". After going down the stairs, my boyfriend would approach me from the crowd and give a rose and kiss me on the cheek and tell me "Happy birthday, dear." And then everyone would be in awe and approve of our love.

After that scene, everyone would go to their seats and the party would start. The spotlight would be on me and then my friends would be singing for me a song they made for me or some song they would dedicate for me. And then the part where the 18 candles would start and I'd be wearing a different dress. It would still be long and flowy but it would be less puffy and have a different color, blue, perhaps? After the singing part, I imagined myself singing along with them.... with a microphone.... and I sounded horrible but then everyone just went along with it and laughed and it ended up with me, rapping random stuff that wasn't related to the original song... *Moving on, after that part, I imagine myself sitting again with the spotlight on me. In this part, the people who were assigned for the 18 candles would be doing the stuff that they're supposed to do. They would be talking in front of me and everyone else and remembering not just the good, but the hard times we went with as well.I visualize that some of these people would be crying...including me, causing our make-up to be smudged(but we'll still look fabulous, of course).


My most awaited part is here! It's the 18 dances! :))
During my grade school years, I imagined of spending these 18 dances with all of my crushes (Yes, I had plenty. I still do, actually. XD). But as I grew up, I imagined my dad to dance me first, followed by my brothers and then my cousins and then my friends.. The last one to dance me would be my boyfriend.. Or maybe my dad should go last 'cause he's the most special guy in my life.. :)


After that, I would change my outfit again! This time, I would be wearing a simple cocktail dress and everyone would be eating.. And then while they eat, we would be taking pictures with each other. When I come out, my boyfriend would go to me, hold my hand and escort me back to my seat. Then while I'm seated, I would give everyone a thanksgiving speech on how I truly love them all and for making my 18th birthday special..




Now that I'm grown up, I see this fantasy being shattered. We're poor and we can't afford to celebrate an event like this. So maybe, I'll spend my 18th birthday in my dreams.. BUT STILL, I wish to have a celebration like this.. I'm still 16.. Maybe there's a possibility that this will come true.. Peace out, yo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment